Open Tracking - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Hire and Use
- Trackers are the responsibility of the hirer, including trial loans. It is the responsibility of the hirer to chase any trackers taken home by competitors, not Open Tracking.
- Where Open Tracking sends Trackers to an event this is done either by Special Delivery (UK) or DHL (International), Open Tracking will be responsible for them until the delivery is signed.
- The hirer is responsible for the sending (or hand delivery) and until arrival of the units back to Open Tracking office or Open Tracking personnel.
- Open Tracking offers no insurance for the trackers - if loss of a tracker is a concern the hirer needs to seek insurance themselves.
- Current price for a replacement tracker is £150. This includes the hardware and the admin required.
- The cost of replacing a damaged or lost waterproof pouch is £7.50.
- For normal weekend hires - trackers need to be with Open Tracking by the Tuesday following the weekend. Special arrangements maybe required for Bank Holidays.
- Late returns will result in an additional weekend hire rate every 4 days per tracker that is not returned. If the tracker is not return within 10 days of the return date, it will assumed to be lost and an invoice for the replacement amount will be issued.
- Open Tracking relies on the service of mobile operators and can not be held responsible for the provision of in a particular area or failure of these services.
- Open Tracking makes best effort to ensure 99.9% up time of our web services, these are provided by a third party and we can not be held responsible for the failure of these services. It is in our interest to ensure service is provided as quickly as possible.
- The trackers we provide have an SOS button which requires a mobile signal. This feature should not be relied upon by event organisers but rather supplement existing procedures. We will not be held responsible for the operational failure of this feature on the tracker.
- For events, a pre-event invoice for 50% of the expected hire fee will be sent pre-event. This needs to be paid before any trackers are dispatched. If you think payment could be delayed then contact us so the invoice can be raised earlier.
- Post event, an invoice will be sent within 1 week, with payment terms of 30 days.
- Timing - Open Tracking provides a timing service that uses the GPS data sent to our servers. This is reliant of third party services (GPS Satellites / mobile coverage / web servers) and is reliant on correct placement of the tracker. We will not be held responsible for errors in this data.
- Open Tracking will only field enquiries on tracker position data from event officials or from the emergency services.
- Trackers hired by Open Tracking can only be used where the participant is fully aware that they are being tracked (we do not supply trackers or any service for covert tracking - please do not ask we are not interested).
- Refunds : Once the tracker(s) has/have been dispatched Open Tracking is not able to offer any refund against the hire of the tracker(s) as it is deemed to be hired out for the duration of the agreed hire period and are not available to another event. Where a hire is cancelled 14 days or more prior to the agreed start hire date, Open Tracking may offer a refund up to 50% of the hire cost.
- The use of tracking devices / Open Tracking portal shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Open Tracking from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, loss or liability (including solicitor's fees and expenses) for any property damage or personal injury arising from the use of Equipment or service by any cause.